Animals 4 Healing
Animals 4 Healing is a nonprofit organization focused on mental health and crisis intervention. It is based in Kaysville, UT. It received its nonprofit status in 2017.
Mission and Statement of Purpose
Animals 4 Healing is a 501(c)3 community mental health clinic for children, adolescents, adults, veterans, and their families who have experienced a trauma. We define trauma as physical and sexual violence, neglect, community-based violence, extreme poverty, loss of a parent or primary caretaker, natural disaster, childhood abuse, human trafficking, car accident, burn, combat, amputation, bullying, surgery, or anything that has caused a person to have posttraumatic stress disorder like symptoms.
We follow a person-centered approach and draft each person’s treatment plan to reflect that no two patients are alike. We also follow a family centered approach and treat the entire family affected by the trauma.
The mission of Animals 4 Healing is to help individuals and their families achieve balance and presence by connecting their body, mind, heart, and spirit. Using therapeutic techniques that integrate the mutually beneficial relationship of animals, nature, music, and movement with evidence-based practices.
Animals 4 Healing’s charitable purposes are to:
1. Help those populations struggling with trauma and co-occurring mental health disorders.
2. Provide free or discounted treatment for the patients who cannot afford treatment
3. Conduct experiential therapies, (e.g. canine-assisted, equine-assisted, therapeutic horseback riding, horticulture, nature, gardening, music, dance, yoga, drama, play, art, etc.) in combination with evidenced based practices for trauma
4. Provide animals, resources, and facilities for use in animal-assisted therapy
5. Advocate for benefits of new therapy techniques, and educate and train professionals and others about new therapy techniques
6. Conduct scientific research and develop best practices for new therapy techniques.