League to Save Lake Tahoe
The League to Save Lake Tahoe is a 501c3 that protects and restores the Tahoe Basin’s natural beauty and environmental health.
WHO WE ARE:
The League to Save Lake Tahoe is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that protects and restores the Tahoe Basin’s unique natural beauty and environmental health – today and for future generations.
WHAT WE DO:
- Since 1957, our organization has identified and solved Tahoe’s environmental challenges with science as our true north.
- We are the Lake’s strongest environmental watchdog, using advocacy to shape public policy, ensure development is Lake-friendly, and secure funding to support environmental programs.
- We develop and quickly deploy innovative solutions to complex problems.
We engage Tahoe’s diverse community of residents and visitors to take action.
OUR LEGACY OF SUCCESS:
- Defeated a proposed bridge over Emerald Bay and a plan for 750,000 year-round residents.
- Stopped sewage dumping in the Lake.
- Initiated a ban on dirty two-stroke marine engines.
- Enabled passage of the Lake Tahoe Restoration Acts, authorizing $2+ billion in funding for environmental work.
OUR RECENT IMPACTS:
-Saved 880 acres of virgin land along the Tahoe Basin’s northern rim from development in 2022
-Removed 64,000 pounds of litter from beaches, trails and neighborhoods through volunteer programs
-Prevented eight aquatic invasive species infestations through partnerships with Tahoe marinas and a “citizen science” monitoring program
JOIN US. TOGETHER, WE KEEP TAHOE BLUE.