Longwood Gardens inspires people through excellence in garden design, horticulture, education, and the arts.
As one of the world’s great gardens, our mission extends from renowned education programs and cultural experiences to horticulture research, environmental stewardship, and community engagement. Your gift will assist us in remaining impactful and far-reaching. Here are a few examples:
• Longwood maintains the health of 1,100 acres across five ecosystems through science-based adaptive land management informed by our own comprehensive Geographic Information Systems (GIS) database.
• Our research department trials more than 500 new plants annually to create those with the greatest scientific, cultural, and aesthetic impact.
• As a nationwide leader in floriculture and propagation, we tend to our own vast and varied collection of more than 11,000 species, growing on-site more than 70% of the plants we display.
• We are at the forefront of global plant conservation with exploration and rescues of critically endangered orchids as far away as Vietnam and as nearby as northeastern Pennsylvania.
• We showcase world-class performances from a diverse array of artists and styles.
• Longwood ensures that our Gardens and programs are accessible by providing support for Title 1 students and their families to visit and participate in educator-guided programs.
• Our world-class gardens and exhibitions are unparalleled, including the spectacular Spring Blooms season.