National Alliance for Eating Disorders
The Alliance is the leading national organization providing support, referrals, and education for all eating disorders.
The Alliance offers accessible, comprehensive services, including:
- free, weekly, therapist-led support groups for those struggling and for their loved ones;
- educational presentations to schools, healthcare providers, hospitals, treatment centers, and community agencies;
- support and referrals through findEDhelp, our free, comprehensive help-line, website, and smartphone apps;
- unique and empowering scale smashing events and SmashTALK panel discussions nationwide;
- advocacy for eating disorders and mental health legislation; and
- low-cost, life-saving outpatient treatment to underinsured and uninsured adults in south Florida.
Founded in October 2000, The Alliance has worked tirelessly to raise awareness; eliminate secrecy and stigma; promote access to care; and support those susceptible to, currently struggling with, and recovered from eating disorders. We create a bridge for those needing and seeking help by connecting people with resources to assist them in recovery.