Expanding the production and distribution of locally grown and responsibly produced food.
Our Mission Values:
- Build public and private partnerships that support the growth of regional food systems that benefit farmers, consumers and businesses.
- Increase local and sustainable/organic food sales in the region to create new jobs, sustainable economic development and rural revitalization.
- Preserve our farmland through the development of high-value markets that give regional producers a fair price for their crops and encourage them to stay on their land.
- Advocate for access to healthy and affordable food for all people and communities.
- Encourage transparency in the food production and distribution process.
- Respect and understand differences between urban and rural cultures and begin to bridge this divide through dialogue and economic opportunity.
- Build solid relationships between stakeholders including staff, consultants, board members, businesses, NGOs, policymakers, media and consumers.
- Foster a work environment that values and recognizes individual contribution to the organization.
- Model a work style of collaboration and collegiality.
- Practice high standards of accountability, responsiveness and transparency in all relationships with funders, clients, partners, associates and employees.
FamilyFarmed is a non-profit organization committed to expanding the production, marketing and distribution of locally grown and responsibly produced food, in order to enhance the social, economic, and environmental health of our communities.