COVID-19 Relief Fund: India
Support local NGOs responding to the pandemic in India, through this fund managed by Give2Asia.
Give2Asia is partnering with trusted nonprofit organizations to support frontline health workers and institutions responding to the coronavirus pandemic.
In a crisis of this magnitude, local knowledge counts. Give2Asia is partnering with trusted nonprofit organizations to support frontline health workers and at-risk communities. Our funding priorities include:
• Emergency medical supplies to frontline workers, including personal protective equipment (PPE), hand sanitizers, soap, and disinfectant sprays
• Nutritious meals, including cooked meals and dry rations
• Financial support to marginalized families
Give2Asia is working with over 20 local NGO partners in India that are responding to the current crisis. They include:
Oxfam India is working to support child education, empowering women & fighting against inequality in India. Their COVID-19 relief efforts include:
• Food Support: Providing rations and prepared food
• Direct Cash Support: Unconditional cash support to migrants and families suffering from Covid
• Medical Support: Supporting medical facilities with oxygen concentrators and other medical equipment like Digital Thermometer, Oxymeter, BP Machine, Monitor etc.
• Isolation Centres: Team is on ground to open isolation centres especially in areas of migrant influx
• Creating Awareness on Vaccination: Mass information drive on vaccination through Adhikar Vaani (an award winning initiative from Oxfam India)
• Women Livelihood Support: Helping women to start an income-generating activity
Save the Children India
Save the Children is India’s leading independent child rights NGO. It works in 12 Indian states and has reached more than 10.1 million Indian children since 2008. They run programs in the remotest corners of India and urban areas to provide quality education and healthcare, protection from harm and abuse and life-saving aid during emergencies to children. Their COVID-19 response work focuses on:
• Procurement and distribution of PPE materials to hospitals
• Education campaign on Covid-19 prevention
Reaches out to 10,000 households in the most affected 13 States of India and distributes comprehensive family kits of essentials, primarily consisting of dry ration, and personal care material to the affected communities
• Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS) is an experienced humanitarian organisation that enables community resilience through practical solutions in the areas of disaster readiness, response and rehabilitation. During COVID-19, their activities include:
• Providing supplies of masks and soap to 20,000 families at INR 1,000 per family
• Supporting 100 district health facilities in seven states with essential supplies at INR 1,00,000 per facility
• Building awareness campaigns at INR 300 per person to raise public health awareness INR 300 per person
• Providing accurate public health information to 100,000 people from seven states to date
Society for Nutrition, Education and Health Action (SNEHA)
SNEHA works at the community level to empower women and slum communities to be catalysts of change in their own right and collaborate with existing public health systems and health care providers to create sustainable improvements in urban health. Their COVID-19 response activities include:
• Support frontline health workers with supply of masks and sanitizer bottles
• Education on preventative health measures
• Advocacy with the government to ensure continuity of health services
• Online training for frontline healthcare workers
• Distribution of food rations
Gramalaya was established in 1987 with the goal of working for the amelioration of socially downtrodden people under the integrated rural development approach. Currently, Gramalaya is working in five Southern States including Tamilnadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Pondicherry. Their COVID-19 activities include:
• Distributing basic medical equipment, such as pulse oximeters and infrared thermometers
• Distributing PPE to health workers: masks, respirators, face shields, goggles, etc.
• Providing hygiene kits (masks, soap, sanitizers, etc.) to vulnerable communities
MAMTA Health Institute for Mother and Child
MAMTA is a three decades old registered not for profit organization. Guided by innovation and implementation research, Health Systems Strengthening to reach the last mile is at the heart of their work. During COVID-19, MAMTA's response includes:
• Procuring PPE kits and other sanitation requirements for the ground-level healthcare workers.
• Disseminating health information to bridge the knowledge gap and address major myths and misconceptions
• Provide food rations to households with elderly, pregnant women and most economically challenged families who do not have any source of income
• Mental health support via telecare with trained mental wellbeing volunteers and counsellors
• Identifying and addressing gender based violence affecting adolescent girls and women
Give2Asia is a trusted partner for international philanthropy and the leader in donor-advised grantmaking to the Asia-Pacific. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than $350 million of charitable grants across 23 countries.
Transparency & Trust: 90% or more of your donation will go directly to our local nonprofit partners. A small portion of your donation helps Give2Asia manage grants to ensure that donor funds are used effectively.