Clara White Mission
Providing meals, education, housing, life sustaining skills in the giving spirit of Clara White, focusing on veterans in need.
The Clara White Mission was founded in 1904 but traces its origins to 1880s Jacksonville. It was then that former slave Clara English White fed hungry neighbors from her two-room house on Clay Street. Over subsequent years, her daughter, nationally recognized humanitarian Dr. Eartha M. M. White, molded the labor of love into a thriving social agency.